Wednesday, October 3, 2007

He restoreth my soul

Jeremy took this pic in Yosemite
This week the Lord has been trying to teach me ALOT. I thought that I would share what I am trying to learn and the insights that have been revealed.

1. Luke 10:27 ... "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind. " This verse has popped up 3 times this week. First, Brantley was sitting at the table and asked about something and Jeremy and I shared this verse with her. (sad to say but I can't remember what she said to lead us to this verse) Second, I was doing a Bible study lesson on the Good Samaritan and there is the verse again. Third, it was quoted at church this week or maybe it was Life Group. ( my brain is mush) Anyways, I can tell that God is trying to teach me something. I am trying to meditate on this verse.

2. I have always thought of God in terms of water. He quenches my thirst, cools me off when I get overheated emotionally, soothes my wounds, washes away my sins, is what gives me endurance and helps me finish the race, He is what allows me to bear fruit.... I love praise songs, hymms, and scripture that use water as a metaphor or for imagery. Jesus is the only one that will satisfy and he is where I go when I am lost in the desert and thirsty for drink. "He leads me beside still waters, He restoreth my soul..." Ps 23:2

3. I need to be spending daily time in His Word and I am struggling to commit to this. Why do we resist even when we know it is what we need? I know that I will be blessed and be a better mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend by abiding in Him and yet I resist!!! How foolish I am!

3 comments:

Susanne said...

Beautiful post and beautiful thoughts, Leah!

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing what God is teaching you, Leah! I find your words so true, so true in my life as well!

Anonymous said...

Leah,
Am so glad you have a teachable spirit. And I'm praying for you, always. My love,
Mom