Thursday, October 18, 2007

Annual October Gathering

My entire family comes to visit every October. It is a time of laughs, hugs, and catching up. We see each other as often as we can, but we hadn't all been together since June. It was really fun for the cousins to play and for the grown-ups to play scattergories, eat good food, and talk. The man in the center of the above photo is Jim, my mom's boyfriend. We all loved spending more time with him and gladly welcome him into the family. Brooke adores him and gave him lots of hugs and laptime.
These are my brothers, Russ and Bert, and my nephew, Peter. Chocolate World is always fun for the kids.
Apple picking again at Masonic Homes. Brooke and Betsy are in the stroller and behind them is me and my sister-in-law, Kelley.
Woody Woodpecker visited and brought gifts for all the kids. Any questions?

Brooke and Betsy in the tub. They splashed a ton!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!! Very sweet of you to include ones of Jim and to make the kind comments that you did. Again, the week was sooo good. You are a doll to put up with all of us.
I love you,
MOM

Jen said...

Okay - I'll be the first to comment - what's up with Woody Woodpecker??????

Leah said...

Jim wanted to have a little fun with the kids so he brought this hilarious costume of Woody Woodpecker. I have no idea why he has this costume but anyways...The kids were all playing in the backyard and he just came running around the house all decked out as Woody. Penny, our dog, totally freaked out and about took his leg off, Brooke started screaming for "Mommy" and crying, and the rest of the bunch acted like Santa had just arrived! Penny was wrangled in, Brooke was fine once I picked her up, and everyone loved their gifts. Brooke still keeps saying, "Woody was really Mr. Jim, wasn't he?" and then laughing. I bet Woody will be popping up at all kinds of family gatherings in the future!

Susanne said...

Glad you had a great time with your family!