Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Change is hard


I have been through alot of change in the last year. It's hard. It may seem easy for a while and then, BAM, I hit the wall and it seems impossible and I want to run the other way. I am feeling this with the move to AL, Jeremy's new job and schedule, my new job in August, a new house sometime soon and , particularly, my weight loss and exercise schedule. I've been cruising along for 4 months and now I feel like I am starting to go in reverse. I haven't put any weight back on but I feel like I'm stuck in the mud. I went running Sunday and it didn't go well. I had to stop at 2.5 miles because I was seeing black spots. It's a catch -22. I follow my diet and I don't have enough carbs to run; I eat carbs so I can run and, besides the fact that starting to eat them makes me want to eat a ton of them, my weight loss slows to a crawl. I will not be able to run until Friday because of my schedule and I am wondering how to balance my diet with my running. I want to be successful with my running but I need a different diet to be able to do it right. I REALLY want to be done with the weight loss. I only have 11 pounds to go and I am determined to be done by the end of May. See what I mean?? It's a catch-22. I have been doing lots of research on running and nutrition and I am definitely not eating enough carbs. I wish I had the cash to see a sports nutritionist...but I don't. In a perfect world, I would loss the 11 pounds AND have enough energy to run the 8K I am registered for on May 9th. I am starting to have some doubts...
It was 1 year ago today that Jeremy was laid-off and our lives changed drastically. Today is our sweet daughter, Brantley's 9th birthday. We love you sweetheart!




Here's a picture of me now. It's definitely an improvement, isn't it? I'll add a few more from the last month.
















Happy 9th Birthday, B!!!!!!
A-Day Game - Tuscaloosa, AL

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hangeth thou in there, Leah! YOU LOOK FABULOUS...Brooke is turning into a beautiful young lade...you have LOTS TO BE PROUD OF! Keep on keeping on... life is hard, but think of the rewards when we strive to always do our best WITH GOD'S HELP, of course! Hope you have a GREAT DAY! You deserve it!

Jen said...

okay, I mistyped "lady" ~ big pet peeve when I'm typing so fast!

Jena said...

You look amazing!
Hope you have a wonderful week! And Happy Birthday Brantley! (Beautiful pic of her too!)

Nancy said...

You are doing a great job! You need to keep running so you can meet me in West Virgina for a half marathon next year!!

The diet that I have followed was suggested by Jeff Galloway. I also use his method for running and I LOVE it!! Good luck and you look HOT!