Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm feeling industrious!

Before we moved here I used to sew alot. I made curtains, clothes for the kids, reupholstered furniture, smocked pretty little dresses, and was generally much more crafty/domestic than I am now. Well, I am feeling the winds of change against my cheeks. Project #1 was to take some king-sized pillow cases and make them standard-sized. Easy, breezey. This left me with the ends that I cut off of the cases. Leading into project #2. It was a really cute red/white flannel and I fiddled around with it until I made this...

Brooke wasn't really into having her picture taken, but you can at least see what the outfit looks like. I am quite pleased with myself!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Brooke looks less than pleased to be modeling. However the outfit is "cute as pie" and your kitchen area, in the background, looks ever so pleasing and inviting. xoxoxoxoxox,
MOM

Terri said...

Too cute Leah!!! Way to be crafty and domestic:) I think I could find a few projects for you around here...I have this glider I'd like to reupholster...hehehe:)

Jen said...

WOW! I'm so jealous of your talent! Way to go!!!

Amy Plum said...

Very cute! Brava!

Susanne said...

I've always wanted to learn how to sew. That outfit is so cute. You should open up your own shop!

Jena said...

I am MAJOR impressed...with NO sewing ability what-so-ever (ask Ryan!) I am always amazed at what people can do with some fabric and a needle and thread.