Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Update

I keep catching myself thinking that this will be the "last time we will do _______". We are really going to miss PA and all of our friends and church family. Jeremy is leaving on Saturday and will only be back for a few days until we move. Still have no idea when that will be, though. Hope to move by end of July, otherwise I will be getting awfully lonely without my hubby. We will be together traveling most of June but July is gonna feel really long, I'm sure.

We have packed most of the basement, garage, and storage shed. We have thinned out our closet, packed up excessive amounts of kid craft supplies, and are going to finish a few other things by Friday. I also have to pack for a 2-3 week trip - that should take awhile!! Pray for me on Sunday - I will be driving (by myself) the 3 kids and our dog to Birmingham. It usually takes 14 hours. That's right, 14 HOURS. I have done it by myself 2 other times and it went OK. I go a little crazy during the last 3 hours, but I set 30 min. goals for myself. "Only 30 min. to Chattanooga, 30 min. to the Alabama line, 30 minutes to Fort Payne, etc..." I am trying to pump myself up for the trip, but so far I am not feeling too enthusiastic!

At least the drive is taking me to her - my sweet mom!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You are in my prayers.

William R. Wallace said...

You are in my prayers, too. I can't wait to see y'all! I'm also looking forward to plastic couch cushions sliding out from under me into the floor.

Susanne said...

Hey I noticed you were on my caller id when I got back from camping...so sorry I missed your call. I hope you made it safely without too many problems...Love ya. Thinking of you and praying for you my dear friend.