Friday, July 4, 2008

Wait.


I am so frustrated!! God is definitely teaching me that He is in control, not me or Jeremy. Our lives are in such upheaval! Jeremy is in Birmingham today and next week he will be working in the Memphis area. After that is anyone's guess. On Tuesday his boss let him know that the couple who had the Alabama and FL panhandle region have retired and that there was a 75-80% chance that he could have that region instead of MS, AR, W. TN. Great news!! Now I have to wait until next week sometime to find out if it will really happen. Ugh!!! So here I sit wondering if I am here as a single parent until our house sells(which is who knows how long) or if I am leaving in 4 weeks to live in my mom's basement so that we can go ahead and enroll the kids in school. All that is involved with leaving in 4 weeks is staggering and emotional. I'm trying not to dwell on the lists that are forming in my mind and waiting until I know for sure if we are moving home or not. I am a planner and this is making me a little crazy, ok, maybe ALOT crazy. God knows that for me waiting is what I need. I need to rest in His arms and not in my own plans-or Jeremy's arms. I need to find my security in Him and not in knowing how our lives are going to unfold. I have a 1000 questions for Him and the answer to all of them is "WAIT, simply wait".


The above picture reminds me to find comfort in my children and simple, carefree moments.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the Photo!

Leah please know that you are in my prayers. I know what you are feeling right now and for that reason my heart really reaches out to you. It is just awesome to know that we have a Father that is watching over and taking care of us every minute. Rest in him!

Also if you need help with anything please give me a call. I can watch children, pack or even just bring you a diet coke and a listening ear.

Jen said...

PRAYING for you!!!