Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm Back!

I took a hiatus from blogging and now I think that I am back in the swing of things.

Jeremy has been in Birmingham for a meeting since Monday and I am starting to feel a bit meloncholy(spelling?). He will be home tonight and tomorrow we have a date! Yea!!

Christmas was alot of fun! We went to Birmingham for 8 days and had a great time spending time with my family and Jeremy's. My brother's and I learned how to play Dutch Blitz. Alot of laughs and groans! Everytime we go home I realize that we probably won't ever live there again and it makes me sad. It is just so nice to be in a city where I know all of the nooks and crannys. I have memories everywhere I go. i.e.: there's the parking lot where we hung out in high school, there's my old school, there's so-and-so's parent's house, that's where we loved to go and eat, ..... You get the gist. I miss feeling such a deep comfort in "place". I am sure that PA will feel like that eventually, especially for my kids, but I still feel the pangs of not quite fitting in here or belonging. The title of my blog is what I hope to and sometimes do feel...

I will include pics soon. I don't feel like downloading them right now.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I am glad you are back!

I know what you mean about being in that "place". I just pray that God will shed light on where he wants us and what he wants us to do there. I just feel so blessed that we have such a great network of Moms. I would be really lost without you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm also glad that you are back! I was becoming increasingly dissappointed each time I checked your blog site and found "Lunch With Lori" still was the headline. You know, Sweety, the wonderful thing about memories is that they help us hold onto those people and places that are dear to us. Just be assured that no matter where "home" currently is, the "home" in your memories will not dim. I love you,
MOM

Jen said...

Your mother's comment brings tears to my eyes! What a great mom you have, Leah! I wanted to comment that I am praying for you as you miss "home," but no one can beat your mother's comment! Love ya, Leah!

Terri said...

Your Mom hit the nail on the head...she sounds like an awesome Mom! On the lighter side...anytime you're up for Dutch Blitz...let us know! We LOVE that game!!!! Finding people who play it seem to be few and far between:)