Tuesday, January 23, 2007

First Blog Post


Children and I went to Roots Country Market today. I just love the contact with those who grew the food I am buying. Bought some delicious "summer crisp" apples - Wolfe and I's favorite. Am always amazed at the selection of produce, meats, and cheeses that are available there. There is nothing like this in the deep South. I don't know if there is even 1 butcher in Birmingham (where we used to live). At Roots alone there are, let's see...9! You can buy anything from rabbit, duck, many varieties of turkey sausage, beef, dried beef, scrapple, etc... I bought ground turkey and beef short ribs.

Brooke (my almost 2 yr old) has been a doll today. She has insisted on wearing her pink cardigan with the hood up all day. She even took a nap with it on and the hood on her head! She just walked in the room( with the cardigan and hood) holding a stick to a lollipop in one hand and the whole lollipop shoved in her mouth and in the other hand a bag of "runts" candy. She can find anything and will consume it! Here is a pic of sweet Brooke.

5 comments:

William R. Wallace said...

mmmm... beef short ribs.

Mom/Joanne said...

Leah-

This is great! A wonderful for those of us that love ya'll to keep close to you. Thanks for this gift. It helps to make you seem not so painfully far away. Mom

Jenn said...

So high tech you are...

Alli hasn't been into hoods lately, but she wears her iceskating dress regularly (and this Sunday compromised with the older girls' school uniform).

Will call soon.

Susanne said...

Great job on your blog! I'm looking forward to reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

You're inspiring me to start my own. Maybe it will be fun if i can find the time. For instance, I'm doing this instead of the work on my desk right now. How cute Brooke is in that oh so familiar looking sweater. When are you going to come visit?

Tina