Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hello, is there anyone out there??

I haven't written anything in so long, I'm sure no one will even read this. I have had a busy winter. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it feels good. Here are the highlights:


  • My diet and exercise program are going great! I have lost 35 pounds so far and am in week 5 of a "10 weeks to a 10K" training schedule. I hope to loose 15-20 more pounds. I feel great and am very proud of my accomplishment. After I lose 3 more pounds, my BMI will be in the normal range and my cholesterol had dropped from 231 to 178. I feel like a new woman.

  • I will start teaching online math classes for Virginia College Online in a few weeks. I will do this through the summer.

  • I got a job for the fall! I will be teaching math at Briarwood Christian High School. This is where I went to school and my kids will all be transferring there next school year. We are thrilled.

  • We will not be buying a house until August. This has been a sore spot for me but God is teaching me patience and to be thankful for my many blessings. This has made me face the fact that I am a spoiled brat. Not pretty...

  • I am busy taking grad. classes in order to have my teaching certificate renewed. Yuk! I'll be done with this in May.

  • The kids are good. I worry about changing their school again and how that will affect them. I just want them to be happy and have friends who love them. They still miss PA.

  • I am still getting adjusted here. I don't socialize all that much. I'm very busy but still get lonely at times.

  • Jeremy's job is going well. He is SUPER busy and always has more to do. He likes it, though, and I think it is where he should be. He still travels a good bit.

  • Pray that I will spend time in the Bible. I don't spend time with God very much and usually just try to make it on my own. How dumb is that??


I will post some new pictures when I download them from my camera.


Here is one from February of Wolfe, me, Brooke and her friend, Jamie.


3 comments:

Nancy said...

I am so glad you are back in the blog world. I just recently started blogging again. Things have been super tough and I decided I wasn't going to hide behind my mask any more... so hopefully I don't offend anyone. Yikes.

Anyway WAY TO GO with your weight lose and running. That is awesome! I am so glad you found a job and things sound really great. I totally hear ya on the house thing. Just remember that God's plan is better then anything you could think of.

As for studying the Word I went out and started doing the Beth Moore study on Esther and it is AMAZING. You should go buy it and we can chat about it on the phone.

Miss you and our game nights!

Jen said...

Although I haven't blogged in forever as well, I am still out there always checking on new posts from others, so keep 'em coming! SO HAPPY FOR YOU and your health goals...running a 10k...AWESOME!!!!!! Keep it up! Tell the kiddos we said hi, and I'm so happy that you shared a bit of your life with us! God will continue to bless you!

Laura S said...

Hey Leah-
Glad that you updated your blog! I hope that all goes well with the 10K coming up, that's quite impressive. Have a wonderful Easter and tell everyone that we said hello!