Monday, September 22, 2008

Exercise

I have never really liked to exercise. I know, not that many people do, but I have always wanted to love to exercise. To be strong, lean, confident, and powerful. I have dreamed of being a runner; of being able to run long distances. I have wondered what that felt like, and why I have never been able to do it when others have. I have actually prayed for God to give me a love for running. Last week I started to jog. Jeremy told me that I ran too fast and that was why I never could run for very far without wanting to throw up and being in a very bad mood afterward, wishing I had never done it and dreading when I would have to put on my running shoes again. So, last week I ran slower. It worked! I ran for 25 min. the first time, 40 minutes the next time, and 40 minutes the 3rd time. I have never run for that long in my entire life. I ran 2.7 miles without stopping and felt like I could have run farther. Halelujah! Many of you may remember my failed attempt at running a 5K back in May. I never even registered for the race. Well, I am back in the game and am going to hunt for another one to run. I may be the last one to finish but I am determined to do this. While I was running last week I realized that it gave me 40 minutes to pray for people and to talk to God. That is exactly what I did and it was great! I look forward to spending a lot more time talking to God while I run...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo proud of you!!! Stick with it. Love you, Ab

Nancy said...

I am so with you on this one. I love to run and pray. I read a book about running by Jeff Galloway and that totally inspired my running.