Wednesday, June 27, 2007

On the 2nd week of summer my true love gave to me: Hot, humid weather, 2 sick kids, a broken car AC, and a husband who'll be gone for 4 days.

So here I sit, worrying that I am going to get strep like Brantley and Wolfe. I do feel achy all over and have a weird taste in my mouth...we'll see.

Since my last post we have done the following:
1. Driven 14 hours to Birmingham to see family. I drove the kids down without Jeremy. Brooke slept for a mere 45 min. and whined and hit her siblings the rest of the way. Spectacular! Drive home was better - Jeremy in tow and gave Brooke Benadryl.

2. Gone to the pool several times and the kids have loved it. Brooke is having so much fun in the huge baby pool!

3. Spent countless hours sitting in the backyard with my friend, Abby, watching our kids play and swim in our baby pool. Talked way too much about losing weight, wayward toddlers, kindergarten preparedness, home decorating, husbands, and Jon and Kate, plus 8!

4. Loving the fact that we have no set schedule!!!!

5. Gone camping once with Troutmans and are going again on Friday. Kids are super excited!

Not much else to say. Am going upstairs to nap until Brooke wakes up. I just gave B and W some more Tylenol after taking temps and they were both 104! They should also conk out soon.
Until next time....

4 comments:

Susanne said...

I wondered if everybody else got it when I didn't see you at VBS tonight...hope you're all feeling better soon :-)

angie said...

i think you are wonder woman, taking 3 kids on a 14 hour trip by yourself!! feel better!

William R. Wallace said...

You're a better writer than I realized.

Leah said...

Thanks bro!